My brother asked all the kids while we were all at my mom's house, who was born on Christmas and all the kids yelled out JESUS. Except for Jessica. She yelled out SANTA.
So that has inspired me to work with her a bit more on this whole God, Jesus' son, Heaven and Earth topic.
She crawls in bed with us every day, and since Josh is off work for a few days, she's been going straight down stairs and skipping my snuggles. So today she came BACK up (after she got in trouble with daddy) and we got to talking.
After talking about a few things, I finally just asked her "who is Jesus anyway...." And she said in the SWEETEST voice ever "oh, He is King of me."
So we may not be TOTALLY off....but she is still a bit confused, because she thinks that Omnipresent is some kind of amazing present, and wondering when she can open it. And she also will argue the fact that Jesus is God's son...because he's not a baby. And then she went on about some "blue guy" she colored with Teacher Jane. With A LOT more questions I realized that she had colored a picture of the MAN Jesus walking in the streets, holding hands with people and she colored him blue.
As she was telling me this story of a blue man I was thinking we had LOTS of work to do with her. And thinking that a three year old couldn't really grasp all of this. Are we going to far? Digging too deep.
So. What better place to start than the beginning.
Ask her what Genesis 1:1 says.
So that has inspired me to work with her a bit more on this whole God, Jesus' son, Heaven and Earth topic.
She crawls in bed with us every day, and since Josh is off work for a few days, she's been going straight down stairs and skipping my snuggles. So today she came BACK up (after she got in trouble with daddy) and we got to talking.
After talking about a few things, I finally just asked her "who is Jesus anyway...." And she said in the SWEETEST voice ever "oh, He is King of me."
So we may not be TOTALLY off....but she is still a bit confused, because she thinks that Omnipresent is some kind of amazing present, and wondering when she can open it. And she also will argue the fact that Jesus is God's son...because he's not a baby. And then she went on about some "blue guy" she colored with Teacher Jane. With A LOT more questions I realized that she had colored a picture of the MAN Jesus walking in the streets, holding hands with people and she colored him blue.
As she was telling me this story of a blue man I was thinking we had LOTS of work to do with her. And thinking that a three year old couldn't really grasp all of this. Are we going to far? Digging too deep.
So. What better place to start than the beginning.
Ask her what Genesis 1:1 says.

2 comments:
"Oh, He is King of me." Oh my word, so cute. I don't know Dena, I don't think many of the rest of us could nailed it on the head as well as she did.
BTW, I just charged my phone today and got your message. And I TOTALLY want to meet you for dinner at Ikea. What time?
Post a Comment