Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dance Party USA

So I had an "anti-turning old" birthday party, by hosting a good clean fun dance party. It was such a blast. Josh and I downloaded dance music for WEEKS getting ready. Quite fearful of doing it wrong....err old school, actually--we had everyone request some good songs. I think we did alright.

We moved all the furniture around, made some yummy food, cranked up the music and danced for over three hours. No joke. Also no joke that I was sore from all the dancing and jumping and laughing.....one of my favorite birthday's yet.

Most of the pictures you are looking at might seem lame, because it doesn't seem dark but it was. Hence the photo of blackness with random lights here and there. In addition to our blacklights, we all had glow stick necklaces and bracelets.

The kids did amazing with all of our bumping bass distractions. Jess danced with us for a while, and then crashed in the lounge. Tyler played computer games upstairs, and shockingly, Isaac slept the WHOLE time.

"Did you get your tickets to the gun show?"


"Did you BRING that??"



The time the party ended...roughly.



Don't laugh. We're awesome.

1 comment:

lauren said...

ah, i dig this blog. what a great night...let's do it every weekend.