It's no secret that I am most comfortable in sweatpants, barefoot in the kitchen, making dinner without a recipe, babe's underfoot and kids running in and around the house, with coffee from this morning heated up in my favorite mug.
This is when I am most like "me." The me that I feel most confident in. Outside of this "me" I feel under attack and somewhat out of control. Lacking. Not always. But, sometimes.
When I'm in the kitchen with my apron on, I can't help but stand there with pride knowing I come from a long line of Swedish women who raised their families with the same appreciation that I have. I'm sure they faced many of the same challenges I faced, this week! And how incredible to know we all depend on, worship and praise the same God! What a comfort! What a legacy!!
This season of life often finds me tired, confused and frustrated by the silly day to day issues that come with little ones. And, quite honestly, those frustrations can always be pegged to my own selfishness. But there is something so calming and relaxing about being in the kitchen. Being "me." It's a time of refreshment. Clearing my head. Organizing my thoughts. Gearing up for the next portion of my day. I love having those precious chats and answering those deep questions. Teaching cooking techniques. Watching the kids serve one another all the while serving the Lord.
I love that my sons and daughters are watching me closely and might catch on to my love of the kitchen. I have many eager helpers!! What a joy!!
Come meet me, in my world....I'll make a fresh pot of coffee, for ya.
1 comment:
Well said friend. We'll take you up on that reheated coffee time any day :-)
Post a Comment