Thursday, March 24, 2011

RE POST

As I was sitting down to write out the curriculum for this years' Holy Week, I of course had to check back to previous years and look at the pictures. I try to jot down any thoughts the kids had that year as a means to track their growth. I keep it all together with all the prayers, thoughts, drawings and lesson plans from other years.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT FIND WHERE I PUT THESE PAPERS!!! It's driving me CRAZY!!

So back to square one. The scriptures we read are the same every year. And most of the activities we do are the same. And as the kids get older we just add more depth to their part.

Aside from this original Maunday Thursday foot washing, one of my favorite memories was acting out Jesus' triumphant entry on Palm Sunday. I bought some palm leaves at the Dollar Tree and we each took turns riding in on a (stick) donkey. I posted those pictures on my Facebook. If one day, you're bored out of your mind, take a moment to look at those. Those chubby little legs "riding" into Jerusalem while the other kids shouted "Hosannah!!" is such a sweet memory for me.

Enjoy this re-post!!

No comments: