Friday, August 22, 2008

I like her thinking.....I think.

While the kids and I were down at my parents house the weather was SO nice...if it's possible--I think it was almost TOO hot. 95-103 degrees everyday. Gorgeous.

So I was out trying to regain my ability to tan (since I'm pretty sure the Washington weather takes AWAY tan) and Jessica was helping me stay cool by pouring water on my feet. And she started to admire and dissect my arms, legs and tummy. And made THIS comment:

Jessica: "I want to be fat."

Me: "You do? Why is that??" (hoping for some kind of teaching opportunity here...)

Jessica: "Because that would mean I'm a mommy."


Said with nothing but love and admiration...

I started to really think about what she was saying.

Jessica wants to be a mommy more than anything. I just asked her how many kids she wanted and she said "5. Wait, I mean 7 kids. 7 + 5. That's how many kids I'm going to have."

Jessica was putting the most positive of all positive spins on body image. She saw those stretch marks and "baby weight" as a medal of honor. Something to be desired. That the only way to obtain these seemingly yucky things as a beloved reward.

I like her thinking......I think. :)


(Angel--I was so tempted to post a picture--but I had a moment of panic thinking you wouldn't hold up your end of the bargain. So. No worries. No pictures. The deal is off the table. Ha ha.)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my word that is so hilarious. Best kid quote ever.

Angel said...

Yeah, that is fine with me! I would not have wanted too either! Jessica keeps us laughing!

His Amazing Grace said...

Jess -- I pray someone day you'll be a Mommy to all the kids that Jesus will give you!!!

Dena -- I love you and the way you Mommy Jess.....and Tyler & Isaac, of course! But...most of all I love that you know each of these three little people God entrusted you with. You know what makes them tick....thanks for setting an example for me!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
April