Saturday, December 15, 2007

On our own

Josh was supposed to be on his "kitchen pass" this weekend, but he couldn't find anyone else who had such a pass to take off on a boy weekend with. SO he ended up trading his three day weekend for more days off at New Years. (ya for me)

But since he was in the mindset of MUCH needed MAN time, he and his friend Bob are off shopping for the night. Wow. Shopping. How manly. :)

He worked all day, came home and left for his little man trip. (to be clear, little trip. Not little man.) So the kids and I have been home alone all day.

In daddy's absence, mommy has to fit in as best as she can. So I played Xbox with Tyler, drank coffee (milk and creamer) with Jessica and "talked" with Isaac. I think I did okay, but I'm no daddy.

The kids are all sleeping now....but that didn't happen without a fuss. Isaac cried way more than usual, Tyler was up and out of bed at LEAST twenty times, and Jessica was up for juice, a potty break, then needed a band aid, a night light and cried for "daaaaaaaaaaddddddyyyy." The only way to get her to settle down was to let her sleep on daddy's side of the bed. I still hear Tyler rustling around but Isaac is OUT LIKE A LIGHT. Whew.

I thought I was doing good--with the dishwasher done, the playroom cleaned and reorganized and laundry done, but then I realized that it's almost ten o'clock...and the kids are JUST now in bed. LOOK OUT SUNDAY MORNING.

In all honesty, we didn't *need* daddy here, but we sure WANT him here & love him so much.

WE LOVE YOU DADDY

No comments: