Sunday, December 2, 2007

Explanation

I have been asked to explain "it's like hugging fresh cookies." I wish it were something cute my kiddos have said, (sorry Lauren for the use of the word 'kiddos') but it's a line from a Friends episode. Phoebe says, while hugging her triplet nieces and nephew, "ahhhh....it's like hugging fresh cookies." And I would have to agree. Hugging your own children is just like that. On their good days. :)

We have had a really rough time with Tyler lately, and in turn with Jessica too. I will post more about that when I feel like I can, without crying and feeling like a total failure. And when I have some progress to report. But right this moment Josh and I are at wits end.....I will be turning to parents, Dr. Dobson (no. I don't know him personally...I mean his book The Strong Willed Child.)and just praying as much as we can.

Don't get me wrong. I am very in love with my job being a mommy and all that comes with that. It's just been a tough week and really rough day. I'm so thankful for friends who understand, parents who want to help, and for Tyler's teacher--Mrs. Beale--who's interest in Tyler's behavior/character/attitude is genuine and right up there with the rest of us.

If you think of it...please join us in praying for this great little family of ours. And hug your little ones. Or eat fresh cookies. Or both.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Good job on your links. :)

And I will be praying for you and your sweet little kiddos.

Matt & Amanda said...

We are right there with you guys! Halle is very strong willed and we wonder what to do most of the time. Why isn't she behaving... we did we go wrong? Where is that parenting 101 class???... We decided that we are not teaching Cole to talk or walk....but seriously, we will be praying for you guys.

lauren said...

1) it's spelled explanation. there is only one "i",

2) and last time i checked, it was "phoebe".

you should really let me edit your entries before you post them, dena :) haha, i'm excited to read more of this. i think i'm going to start my own soon, it looks fun. i'm praying for you and your two little leakers!!