Verse 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
And all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in the hunger in me
My God is a God who provides
Verse 2:
And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flames
Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
Verse 3:
And this is my prayer in the battle
And triumph is still on it's way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand
Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
Verse 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow
I'm not sure which season I'm in right now. A little bit of all of them, maybe? I told a friend the other day that I feel like I'm on the edge of something powerful and great....but I'm not sure what that is, or what that looks like, but the daily anticipation starts to wear on me. Nearly to the point of overwhelming exhaustion. My body is running low. This cough/cold/flu thing has taken me down. The snow is beautiful. The feeling of being trapped is not.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
The desert, wait maybe the fire. No the battle....maybe the harvest?
Hillsong: The Desert Song
Just keeping it real: I have overdue library books, the classroom has become a bit of a craft room and doesn't get tidy'd up because it has a door on it, we are still on Christmas break, we took our Christmas card picture but I haven't given it a second thought until just now, I haven't mopped in weeks, we've eaten more dinners out of a can than I'd care to admit, I totally counted a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake with a slice of apple a "balanced" lunch for the kids, and my mom is coming to visit/celebrate my recent birthday. Holy Moly there is WORK TO BE DONE!! :)
Am I the only one feeling this way??
But I cling to the truth that "in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing....I HAVE A REASON TO WORSHIP!" Amen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment