Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Found Freedom

So, after putting Isaac down for a nap this morning, Josh and I were sitting on the couch and heard toys being thrown and little feet stomping. When we went upstairs to see what all the noise was about, there was Isaac standing at the top of the stairs. He just looked up at us, pointed to his room and said "night night!"

Yes, the little monkey has learned how to crawl out of his crib and play around!! Holy smokes, I thought I had WAY more time before he figured this out!! He's only 17.5 months old. But now that I think about it, I think Tyler was the same age when he moved into a big boy bed. Not that he STAYED there, but it was just too dangerous to keep him in the crib and risk an arm being stuck in between the slats as he ejected himself from the crib.

Tyler, I remember, would just swing a leg over and slide down. Isaac however has figured out it's "safer" to pile pillows and blankets and stuffed animals in the corner to give you a bit more lift. SERIOUSLY a tiny master mind!!

So now we have the crib turned day bed set up for him. He did pretty well staying in there, until he filled his diaper and decided he didn't want to lay down anymore. Then he was up to play again. He is gated in his room and when Josh went to go put him back down, Isaac quick closed the door and ran to his bed!! What a Sneaky Pete! As smart as he is, he still hasn't figured out that he is the third child in this house to be pulling these tricks! :)

As of right now, he's in the port-a-crib in his room. He can't get his legs over the edge of that one......we think!!

I guess with a baby on the way, this might be the perfect time to get him used to a big boy bed...I just wasn't ready for it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome. I'm proud of him. I want to see that action!

kris {life at the table} said...

maybe an engineer, builder or architect in the works?

ok, i love you and i love the little baby in your tummy, but that floating fetus freaks me out! ack!