
Jessica and her goat friend


Piano lesson
After we got home, I had just enough time to watch USC eat WSU for lunch and spit them out a few times and then got ready for my dinner party/reunion! I headed out for a very fun night.
Dad asked me before I left what time I would be home. Such a simple question but so parental. I'm 28, right? :) My answer was so very teenager though; "I don't know...late." (feeling cool) Dad just said "oh. okay. have fun." Whew! Okay....I'm 28.
The reunion was seriously so fun. It felt a little bit like speed dating--only having a few minutes to catch up on ten years and share the most exciting parts of your life, and then moving onto the next classmate. I tried very hard to not hang out on the surface for too long...if the opportunity arose. Since it never really did, I just decided to stay surface level...for now. Lay the ground work of striking up a further, deeper friendship later. Those that know me, know me. And that's great!!
remembering some faces
Vanessa (Tafte) Herberger, Chere Pray, me
Jon Justin, me, Jake Rothauge
Kim Cole, Erin Deggendorfer Borla, Chere Pray, me, Katie Patterson
BFF since 7th grade
After the party got moved to the local bar, people started to get some what emotional and repeat some stories, I decided it was time to head home! :) I was one of the first to head out, and got home by 1 am.
I was woken up fairly early by, no no...not my children, but by my PARENTS! who crawled into bed with me to get caught up on all the dirt. Small towns....good times.
I was supposed to head home on that Sunday but ended up getting SO sick (pregnancy sick) that I put all the kids to be early and put myself to bed shortly after that. We headed home around 3 the following day, but we were minus one child. Jessica got to stay behind and spend some much much needed alone time with MorMor and BoPa. Tyler had half day the whole week of the 20th-24th and with quite a lot of company coming in at the end of that week, it was tons of help to only have Isaac during the morning and help in the afternoon. Jessica pretended she missed us, but she really didn't.
We had parent teacher conferences on Wednesday and I love coming home to tell Tyler what a joy it is to meet with his teacher, Mrs. Beale. His report card is always nearly perfect. He loves to learn. He just also loves to not behave...so we're working on that! :)
Thursday the 23rd mom, dad and Jessica came up and late that night, I raced up to SeaTac to pick up my sister! who was in town for a very quick weekend visit and our October birthday celebrations. Friday was a nice day of hanging out. Grandma and Grandpa drove up. And Robbie and Karly and crew drove down.
Jessica's Polka Dot birthday party was Friday night, and it was so much fun. Total chaos but very girlie and very fun. The gift opening extravaganza was...just that...it was an event within an event.



EVERYTHING was polka dots; the food, the decorations, the gift wrap and the outfits!! Jessica, being a very opinionated four year old, she spared no opinion on her party. The guest list, the food, the decorations, the gift wrap and the outfits! :)
Friday night after our party guests left the family played a few games. Trivial Pursuit (my personal fav) and we played some Wii. Grandma and Grandpa stayed in our room, Robbie and Karly were in the loft/guest bed, Mia was in the laundry room, Kristen, Ella and Jessica were in Jess's room, Isaac in his room, Kellen and Tyler were in Tyler's room, Mom and Dad were in the driveway in their trailer, Josh was on the couch and I was on the floor in a sleeping bag...next to the dog! This house was FULL but not as full as my heart with such a wonderful family visit and such great friends who love all my kids....
Saturday we ate an amazing breakfast courtesy of mom. Got ready and headed out to the Cider Mill. What a great place. Just a family working farm with plenty to do and they boast the best apple crisp in the county...trust me IT WAS!! What an amazing photo back drop. Or is it the photographer?? (sister)







Saturday night we headed up to Seattle for dinner to celebrate Mom's birthday. We ate at the famous Rouge brewery. I was feeling really yucky (pregnancy, again) and with Josh having to work early Sunday morning and three kids with minimal naps we were ready to go home, but not ready to say goodbye...sniff sniff. We won't see Anie (Kristen) till Christmas, and the rest of the family we'll be seeing at Thanksgiving.
The rest of the month was spent doing our usual routine. Church, appointments, friends over, watching TV, and more laundry.
We did manage to slip in Trunk or Treat at church and was, for the third year in a row, were a trunk. We were very patriotic this year with Josh being Uncle Sam, Isaac was Abe Lincoln, Tyler was a U.S. solider, I was Rosie the Riveter, and Jessica was the Statue of Liberty! And we of course didn't take many pictures. A few on my phone. Sorry. You'll just have to know that were were VERY cute. So cute in fact that we even won a trophy for it!! Yeah us.
We look forward to a very fun filled holiday season...
3 comments:
I can vouch for your family's Trunk or Treat cuteness! I loved the costumes! Although, I was a little dissapointed to see that Isaac had shaved by Sunday morning.=)
i love the pictures from jessica's party and the cider mill. someone in your family has a very fancy camera :)
Thanks for the blog comment! Yeah, he steels the show with his CUTENESS!!!
Post a Comment